Our Operations Team is looking for a Systems Engineer in Madison, Wisconsin to support the Esker on Demand cloud platform. Come work with our US and French operations teams, and put your engineering skills to the test to meet the challenges of a rapidly growing infrastructure.
Who we are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 650 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as Sony, Trek, Heineken, John Deere and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and two U.S. locations in Madison, WI, and Denver, CO.
- Support a mixed Windows and Linux\RHEL server environment
- Automate software provisioning and server hardening with Chef
- Develop and maintain system management and monitoring tools
- Closely collaborate with our development teams to diagnose problems or provide input on new features
- Design and build scalable infrastructure to meet our growth, both on-prem and in Azure
- Monitor platform, server, database, and network performance; respond to incidents or outages as they occur; and perform contributing cause analysis
Technologies We Use
- Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V
- Chef, Prometheus, Logstash
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
- F5 BIG-IP, FortiGate, HAProxy, Nginx
- Experience in the operation and administration of Windows or Linux systems
- Automation of production systems through scripting and Infrastructure as Code
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Familiarity with an object-oriented programming language consider a plus, but not required
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related experience
- Enthusiasm to learn new things, and to share your knowledge and experiences with team members
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.