Site Reliability Engineer / Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) in Madison, Wisconsin to join our team. As an SRE you will work with our US and French teams and put your engineering skills to the test to meet the challenges of the rapidly growing Esker on Demand SaaS infrastructure. If you have enthusiasm for working in a complex environment, learning new things, and sharing your knowledge and experiences with team members, this is the role for you.
- Participate in an on-call rotation ; monitor platform, server, database, and network performance and availability ; respond to incidents as they occur and perform post-incident cause analysis
- Extend monitoring capabilities of our internal monitoring platforms based on Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch, and Logstash
- Design and build scalable infrastructure to meet our growth, both on-premise and in Azure
- Improve reliability and performance of our database systems based on PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch/OpenSearch
- Automate software and service provisioning with Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps, and Chef
- Closely collaborate with our development teams to diagnose problems or provide input on new features
Technologies we use:
Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V
Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Chef
Prometheus, Grafana, Logstash, OpsGenie
PowerShell, C#, Python
PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch\OpenSearch, Redis
F5 BIG-IP, FortiGate, HAProxy, Nginx
Education Requirements: • BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology preferred, but will consider other degrees and certifications with related experience Essential Experience: • 2+ years of professional experience maintaining Windows or Linux systems in a production environment • Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals, including DNS, firewalls, and proxies • Experience automating systems through scripting or Infrastructure as Code tools like Ansible or Terraform • Experience with database systems (relational or document) and SQL • Familiarity with an object-oriented programming language consider a plus, but not required
$80,000 - $115,000
- Hybrid work options
- Summer flex hours
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Dog-friendly office & pet perks
- Occasional doughnuts
- Wellness, hobby or educational stipend
- 401k matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Frequent happy hours & department outings
- Ping-pong tournaments, basketball leagues & so much more...
How Esker helps you be the best version of yourself:
- Esker's culture empowers 800 employees worldwide — and we have a 90.9% retention rate to show for it!
- Locations across 14 countries give Esker & our employees a unique perspective.
- You can make a meaningful impact on an Esker's 30+ million global users.
- Not gonna lie ... we love a good time. Fun outings & exciting events are all part of the job here at Esker.
- Every Esker employee gets paid volunteer time off to make an impact on a cause important to them.
- Be yourself & bring your diverse experiences with you — we want to learn from you!
Want to know more about Esker's company culture and perks? (Yes, we DO have a ping pong table.) Learn about our core values and the ways we infuse fun, positivity and innovation into everything we do here.