Esker is looking to hire a Scrum Master to join it's growing Professional Services department!
The Scrum Master will be responsible for supporting multiple Professional Services teams and will provide leadership, direction and coaching to the teams to support and encourage the adoption of agile principles and practices, with the goal of guiding the team toward self-direction and self-management. This person will facilitate Scrum ceremonies, work to remove impediments, and support the team in meeting their sprint objectives. They will act as a servant leader and protect the team. Scrum Master is a particularly challenging position as they care about the team functionality. Scrum master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. They increase their team's efficiency, motivates their team, challenge team for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. Ensures observance of DoD (Definition of Done).
- Promote Agile values, principles and practices within the teams.
- Leads, protects and supports the teams (multiple Scrum teams).
- Facilitates daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coaching to the team to encourage good agile practices.
- Fosters a “learn by doing” environment.
- Encourages and facilitate cross-team coordination, collaboration, and process improvement.
- Collaborates to achieve goals and lead others to do so by example.
- Encourages a positive team environment including conflict resolution, encourages open communication, and encouraging collaboration within the team and other departments.
- Removes impediments for the teams and escalate as appropriate.
- Experience acting as a Scrum Master for one or more Scrum teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Understands the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Strong servant leadership skills.
- Experience with change management process and
- Knowledge of effective facilitation tools and ability to adjust based on the team’s needs.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing.
- Ability to assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels.
- Agile / Scrum Industry Certification(s).
- Lean Methodology Certification(s) and/or experience.
- Experience with TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps and Trello.
- Prior experience in accounting, finance, or order processing.
- Familiarity with SAP, Oracle EBS, Oracle JDE, other ERP