Sales Development Representative
Esker is looking for a high-energy, driven professional with natural sales instincts to join our Sales Development team in Madison, WI. As a Sales Development Rep (SDR), you’ll use your sales aptitude to engage with prospects via outbound calling and creative email follow-up and work with our Sales teams to target relevant accounts to build pipeline and revenue. Most importantly, you’ll be the first step in creating a positive experience with potential customers.
Your goal as an SDR is to generate interest and excitement for Esker solutions. A key requirement is to engage with prospects in a way that creates a superior experience that will set the stage for future conversations. The perfect candidate will be quick on his/her feet with the grit and resilience to handle objections like a pro.
What makes Esker so exciting? Esker offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and leadership to initiate the sale of document process automation solutions and take your career to the next level! We pride ourselves in training and investing in our smart, goal-oriented employees to grow their careers here. We like to think of ourselves as the “Quit Paper” company because that’s what we help our customers do best. As a recognized leader in document automation solutions, we’ve enabled thousands of customers worldwide to eliminate paper and improve business processes.
- Identify and create sales qualified leads through phone and email to uncover needs and interest
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Esker solutions
- Research and navigate accounts, identify key players & technology, cold call and develop accounts to generate opportunities
- Achieve monthly quotas of sales qualified leads generated
- Partner with our experienced Business Development Managers to help fill their pipeline and develop your skills
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up designed to increase interest in Esker solutions
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
The Skill Set:
- 1-2 years of experience in a phone sales role OR a driven, whip-smart, and eager-to-learn new grad who thrives in fast paced environments
- Experience with outbound cold calling
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior inside sales experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effective
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in CRM systems preferred; salesforce.com experience a plus