Sales Development Manager
Esker is looking for a comitted, hard-working and passionate leader to manage our Sales Development team. This leadership position is for a person who has performed the SDR role at its highest levels, understands its challenges and can demonstrate/lead the team to successful results. Esker provides marketing and technology to support you.
Our SDRs play a critical role in qualifying sales leads and providing feedback to marketing on program effectiveness. Working in collaboration with marketing and field sales, the SDR’s primary objective is to deliver qualified sales opportunities to the field. As the leader, you’ll teach the team members to understand the prospect’s business goals/challenges through phone and email contact. Your team will transition the qualified leads to the field, who will drive revenue through pipeline development. Your team is responsible for a proper first impression, and then uncover business challenges.
As the SDR Manager, you will manage and grow the Sales Development Representative (SDR) team whose goal is to generate revenue by developing sales qualified leads for the Esker sales teams. Your responsibilities include:
- Recruit, train and optimize a team of SDRs responsible for inbound and outbound sales engagement
- Establish metrics and help the team improve by understanding their performance
- Manage inbound lead flow and track efficiency of sales and marketing programs
- Help create a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Oversee usage of team systems including Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Navigator, Vidyard
- Develop team processes & best practices
- Optimize call scripts, email messaging, and other outreach to increase sales qualified leads generated
- Ensure SDR, Marketing, and Sales alignment by implementing processes that encourage sound lead management, quality leads, qualification, and smooth handoffs
- Field Inbound leads and work other lead segments as needed
- Work closely with marketing team and provide feedback on lead quality, etc.
- Monitor SDR Dashboards to make sure data is accurate, team is on pace to achieve goals and take action when & where needed
The SDR Manager should possess the following skills:
- 3+ years of B2B sales management experience
- Self-starter with proven success as a sales leader
- Experience using CRM tools such as salesforce.com
- Excellent communication skills
- Technically adept
- Experience in SalesLoft a plus
The SDR Manager role will be compensated on a mix of base salary and sales commission, based on team and company sales peformance.