Payroll & HR Specialist
Esker is currently seeking a highly motivated and dependable individual to join our Accounting and HR teams in Middleton, WI as a Payroll & Human Resource Specialist. This position will be responsible for processing payroll in accordance with wage and tax guidelines, fully utilizing our payroll and Human Capital Management system, and various other payroll and human resources tasks. This position will work closely with both the Human Resources and Accounting departments. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and possess strong organizational and communication skills.
What makes Esker so exciting? Esker offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and leadership to initiate the sale of document process automation solutions and take your career to the next level! We pride ourselves in training and investing in our smart, goal-oriented employees to grow their careers here. We like to think of ourselves as the “Quit Paper” company because that’s what we help our customers do best. As a recognized leader in document automation solutions, we’ve enabled thousands of customers worldwide to eliminate paper and improve business processes.
Who We Are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 650 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as 3M, Siemens, Trek, Heineken, Whirlpool and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and the Americas headquarters in Madison, WI.
- Process multi-state semi-monthly payroll timely and with 100% accuracy
- Ensure payroll processing is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Maintain time and attendance, payroll, and benefit system
- Validate new hire entry, time off accruals, benefit processing changes, and terminations
- Analyze benefit and payroll discrepancies and provide corrective actions
- Be an advocate and leader of our Human Capital Management system
- Provide the highest employee experience by calculating employees’ pay accurately
- Coordinate annual benefit open enrollment
- Administer Service Anniversary Award program and Wellness Benefit programs
- Perform administrative functions related to FMLA and COBRA
- Ensure compliance with ACA requirements
- Assist with administration of employee personnel data and status change forms
- Complete Verification of Employment requests and Unemployment correspondence
- Assist with coordinating company employee events
- Assist with the full recruiting lifecycle across a variety of open roles, as needed
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date
- Assist with 401(k) audit, as necessary
- Complete annual 401(k) mailings to participants
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience in a payroll system preferred; Paylocity experience a plus
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effective
- Ability to work independently, use judgement, be tactful, and confidential
- Associates degree – Business, Human Resources, or similar emphasis
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.