Human Resources Manager
Esker is currently seeking an experienced HR professional with previous HR Management experience to oversee the company’s daily administrative functions such as planning, coordinating and directing recruitment, performance management, policy administration and assisting employees and managers with questions and concerns. This position plays an instrumental role on the leadership team and shaping the company culture. As HR Manager, you’ll use your skills to anticipate company needs and challenges and develop and deploy solutions to ensure business needs are met.
Who We Are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 650 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as 3M, Siemens, Trek, Heineken, Whirlpool and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and the Americas headquarters in Madison, WI. This position will be responsible for all HR activities throughout the US, Canada and Latin America.
- Manages all facets of the talent acquisition process including recruitment, interviewing, selection, onboarding and affirmative action programs, adheres to applicable employment laws and regulations
- Assists leadership in employee lifecycle activities (i.e. recruiting, transfers, development and terminations)
- Responsible for employee engagement initiatives, and aiding Esker’s management team in this area
- Work directly with the HR team in Lyon, France, to coordinate efforts around Esker’s Corporate Social Responsibility, and other worldwide initiatives
- Directs the application and maintenance of performance management systems, pay and benefits administration, and HR databases
- Directs interpretation, development and administration of HR Policies and procedures, provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions and employee benefits
- Monitors and remains current on personnel policies, programs and practices to keep abreast of current practices to stay informed and ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Directs administration of company’s health and safety programs, including applicable OSHA and ADA regulations
- Directs, coordinates work activities of subordinates and HR staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Coaches managers and acts as liaison between management and employee by handling employee relations issues and determining resolution
- Administers employee benefit programs and negotiates health and wellness benefits/contracts with insurance vendors for renewals and open enrollment activities, serves as communication lead for benefit changes and announcements
- Directs and coordinates immigration petitions for new hires and transfers as applicable
- Assists payroll with ensuring data integrity and accuracy of employee and organizational information
- Manages all personnel activities, files and updates including personnel changes, employee updates, FMLA, Work Comp, leaves, disciplinary actions and performance reviews
- Conducts necessary audits to meet compliance requirements such as I-9, discrimination testing or other compliance reviews
- Facilitates company Fun Committee to oversee employee events
Think you’re Esker’s ideal candidate? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Industrial relations, Organizational Development or related field
- Technology industry considered a plus
- PHR certification considered a plus
- Minimum of 7 -10 years experience in HR functions with 5 years previous managerial experience
- Specialized experience or training in employment law, employee relations, safety, benefit administration, talent acquisition and organizational development
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products
- Paylocity experience considered a plus
- Proven professionalism, interpersonnel, problem solving and organizational skills
- Manages and builds relationships and trust, establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively
- Demonstrated discretion and ability to work with confidential information
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.