FULL-TIME | PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The Esker Professional Services organization continues to expand and has an opening for an Engagement Manager. The Engagement Manager will augment our existing project management team by coordinating the execution of numerous medium-large scale client engagements while ensuring project team focus on rapid project implementations. The Engagement Manager will rely on exceptional organization and a detailed task management skillset to guide the activities and deliverables of a team of consultants in delivering successful client projects.
Who We Are
Esker is a global cloud platform on a mission to solve some of today’s biggest business problems. No, we don’t have a hero complex — we’re just believers in creating meaningful change with technology that benefits everyone.
Our AI-driven solutions are trusted by firms like IDC and Gartner and used by companies like Whirlpool, Heineken, Trek and Sony to streamline finance and customer service processes, empower employees, strengthen customer and supplier relationships, and build a more resilient business future.
- Represent the customer’s interests as the project key stakeholder
- Understand the customer’s vision of what is being implemented and how it will transform their business
- Own and prioritize the product backlog for the portfolio of projects being worked on by your team
- Manage the successful completion of multiple medium to large customer-facing engagements
- Request resources with appropriate skillset, coordinating resource schedules with customers and other Professional Services team objectives
- Monitor budgeted hours and monetary constraints ($100K+)
- Communicate with customers on issues including, but not limited to scope, time and budget
- Escalate issues internally to ensure proper visibility on technical and customer relationship concerns
- Solve immediate problems that require collaboration with all Esker departments and implement better ways to avoid problems in the future or address the root cause
- Managing 12+ medium to large concurrent projects and focusing on prioritization that generates the best outcomes for the customer and Esker
- Work within a Scrum team of 4-6 resources to accomplish team objectives
- Lead internal and customer-facing demonstrations (topics such as project methodology, Agile/Scrum principles, change management and Esker’s solutions)
- Lead and communicate project estimation techniques and change order development
- Work with sales, R&D, customer experience and technical support teams to resolve issues for customers
- Prepare project documentation inclusive of but not limited to; project kick-off presentation, project plan, risk assessment, test plan, go live/migration plan
- Facilitate production hypercare
- Participate in project documentation readiness for transition to other internal Esker teams
- Assist in recruiting activities such as UW Engineering days events
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or industry equivalent preferred
- 8+ years of customer-facing work experience
- 5+ years of project management within a fast pace, technology, and customer-facing environment
- At least 5 years of business process/workflow analysis, design and improvement
- Use of Trello, MS Project, MS DevOps or other project management tools
- Demonstrate solution knowledge (for P2P this is minimal level of accounting/finance experience and for O2C this is minimal level of sales order entry experience)
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and creative to address customer needs within implementation frameworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in the project management skillset
- Experience or strong interest in learning Agile/Scrum and change management processes
- Understanding or interest to learn the PMBOK knowledge areas
- Experience developing and implementing successful software or SaaS solutions for business customers
- Demonstrated team leadership abilities
- Ability to manage senior and executive-level relationships
- Ability to function effectively in a fast pace environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain high levels of drive and energy
- Strong communication/presentation skills to effectively interact with customers
- Ability to handle conflict and high-stress levels in a professional and business-like manner
- Ability to make complex decisions based on multiple inputs
- Capacity for influencing positive outcomes
- Leadership skills when working in small, self-managing teams
- Strong client management and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management (internal and external)
- Travel up to 20%
Minimum 5+ years related experience
$80,000 - $105,000
- WFH schedule options
- Summer flex hours
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Dog-friendly office & pet perks
- Occasional doughnuts
- $1,000 annual Flex Fund benefit
- 401k matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Frequent happy hours & department outings
- Ping-pong tournaments, basketball leagues & so much more ...
How Esker Helps You Be the Best Version of Yourself:
- Our culture empowers 800+ employees — there’s a reason we have a 90.9% retention rate!
- Locations across 14 countries give Esker & our employees a unique perspective.
- You can make a meaningful impact on Esker's 30+ million global users.
- We love a good time! Fun outings & exciting events are all part of the job here at Esker.
- Every employee gets paid volunteer time off to make an impact on a cause important to them.
- Be yourself & bring your diverse experiences with you — we want to learn from you!