Esker’s Legal Department is growing! We are looking for an agile, creative, highly-organized paralegal professional with prior corporate experience to join our legal team. Every day will be different with new experiences and challenges that will be highly rewarding for the right person. You will play a key role in working with all departments within Esker, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and completing demanding, time-sensitive assignments that requires the best and the brightest in the industry.
Who We Are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 650 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as Sony, Trek, Heineken, John Deere and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and two U.S. locations in Madison, WI, and Denver, CO.
- A significant amount of time will be spent processing contracts in DocuSign.
- Draft, review, and redline contracts ranging from reseller, referral, and teaming agreements to NDA’s, statements of work, and Terms of Service agreements. Create amendments to said contracts when necessary.
- Conduct discussions on various contract matters with opposing counsel and other paralegals over the telephone and via email.
- Advise Esker executives, departments, and staff on various legal issues contract matters.
- Manage updating various contract templates as instructed by General Counsel.
- Manages RFP Database & Document Retention Policy.
- Assist General Counsel with investigations, subpoena requests and discovery documents.
- Maintains international and domestic intellectual property databases and gives notice when filings are due, and helps to prepare the documents necessary for new intellectual property filings.
- Investigates facts surrounding contracts and deals to determine likely next steps in contract negotiations, due diligence and resolution.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, legal articles, and legal codes both on a national and international scale and prepares memoranda summarizing the results.
- Performs other administrative duties as necessary such as providing information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence, and filing both physically and electronically.
- Assist General Counsel and Esker Executives in annual review of internal policies and procedure and with the creation of applicable training materials.
- Able to assist in the due diligence surrounding and the drafting and review of various legal documents.
- Ensures proper indexing and filing of original legal documents with the appropriate administrative authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or Paralegal certificate.
- Certified Paralegal designation preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in a corporate setting.
- Significant experience with Salesforce.com and DocuSign required.
- Expérience with excel, power point, Vidyard, and Quip considered a plus.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements considered a plus.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Must complete projects by applicable deadlines. Works indepedently and must be proactive, prioritize and take ownership of the projects and tasks assigned by the General Counsel.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, project and process management and written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to understand substantive legal concepts, legal research and documents, contracts, procedures and terminology.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively throughout the organization.
- Must have the ability to meet multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and outstanding time-management skills is required.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, including the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and new management procedures.
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be meticulous, attention to both detail and quality of work product.
- Must have professional competency (i.e. knowledge of, and proficiency with, relevant software and systems and an understanding of, and ability to apply, relevant laws).
- Must have the ability to analyze complex data and information.
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.