Are you eager to take the next step in your career with a cutting edge, fast-paced company? Esker is looking for a self-motivated individual interested in furthering their career path to join our growing team as a Contract Paralegal.
The Contract Paralegal will be responsible to assist and provide a range of legal support and administration, including discovery, investigating facts, researching, and many other facets of law. Analyzing legal materials, maintaining reference files and records, and collecting materials. The ideal candidate will have at least 1- 3 years of experience, demonstrate integrity and high ethical standards, possess a high level of attention to detail, strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to prioritize multiple, diverse projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, legal articles, and legal codes both on a national and international scale and prepares memoranda summarizing the results.
- Prepares legal documents such as contracts, statements of work, intellectual property filings, subpoena requests, and discovery documents for review, approval, and use by general counsel.
- Maintains the intellectual property database and gives notice when filings are due, and helps to prepare the documents necessary for new intellectual property filings.
- Investigates facts surrounding contracts and deals to determine likely next steps in contract negotiations, due diligence and resolution.
- Performs other administrative duties such as providing information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence, and filing both physically and electronically.
- Ensures completion of annual Business Continuity Plan and Subcontractor Management Program.
- Assist General Counsel and Esker Executives in annual security audits and creation of training materials.
- Able to assist in the due diligence surrounding and the drafting of various legal documents.
- Ensures proper indexing and filing of original legal documents with the appropriate administrative authorities.
- Associate degree or Paralegal certificate preferred
- Must complete projects by applicable deadlines. Must be proactive, prioritize and take ownership of the projects and tasks assigned by the General Counsel.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, project and process management and written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to understand substantive legal concepts, legal research and documents, contracts, procedures and terminology.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively throughout the organization.
- Must have the ability to meet multiple demands simultaneously.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and outstanding time-management skills is required.
- Candidate must be adept at project and information management
- Previous relevant experience with and understanding of trademark and intellectual property rights is required.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, including the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and new management procedures.
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be meticulous, attention to both detail and quality of work product.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Must have professional competency (i.e. knowledge of, and proficiency with, relevant software and systems and an understanding of, and ability to apply, relevant laws).
- Must have the ability to analyze complex data and information.
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Software (SaaS) and software licensing agreements considered a plus.
- Employment law knowledge considered a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and DocuSign is desirable.
What makes Esker so exciting? We are competitive, fast-paced and leading the way in developing cutting-edge solutions to help businesses across the world succeed. We like to think of ourselves as the “Quit Paper” company because that’s what we help our customers do best. As a recognized leader in document automation and SaaS solutions, we’ve enabled thousands of customers worldwide to eliminate paper and improve business processes.