Business Development Manager- P2P Focus
If you’re the engaging, unafraid-of-a-challenge type with New Business hunting sales experience under your belt, Esker may have the ideal position for you to let your talents shine and compete in a highly competitive marketplace.
Working out of either our Denver office, or a home-based office in the northwestern US, we’re actively looking to hire a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our U.S. sales team and serve a dedicated U.S. territory, specifically Washington, Oregon, and Northern California, as well as British of Columbia and Toronto. As a BDM, you will be responsible for expanding Esker’s client base by selling Business Process automation solutions within the territory.
- Building new business via various outbound targeted messaging
- Networking and asking for referrals, as well as doing lead qualification
- Use various sales methodologies to qualify the sales opportunity, and uncover various stakeholders, alternatives, internal processes, and Budget/ROI requirements
- Cross-selling products into existing accounts
- Travel to customer/prospect meetings, as well as attend regional events, within the designated U.S territory
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent training) in business or a related field
- The ability, experience and discipline to allocate time to prospect for new sales and not rely on leads from Marketing.
- Hunting is 90% of the role, while farming would be the remaining 10%: strong hunting background is highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years of external sales experience
- Experience selling high-end software based solutions including SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Clear understanding of business processes (e.g., sales order processing, account receivable, accounts payable, etc.)
- Strong telephone skills coupled with a professional approach to customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Oracle , SAP® and or other ERP solutions
- Travel averages from 20% normally thru to 30% during peak Tradeshow periods.
- Constant learner