Associate Sales Engineer
Esker, Inc. is an international software developer and a recognized leader in helping companies eliminate paper and improve business processes such as invoicing and order processing with document automation software and services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, high-energy individual to join our Sales Engineer team in the Madison, Wisconsin office. The Associate Sales Engineer is an entry-level position that supports and works closely with team members to identify opportunities and define solutions for prospective clients. The person in this position will input client data for custom demonstrations in the pre-sales process and be the main technical resource for new customers during the onboarding process. This will include working with customers to get their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system integrated with Esker.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, customer-focused, and eager to learn. The position does not require previous technical experience, however, the candidate should expect and have a strong desire to acquire technical skills on the job. Previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Prepare custom demos for sales engineers by entering data accurately and efficiently.
- Stay up to date with the latest Esker software releases and provide regular briefings on changes for the team.
- Perform basic product demos for the Sales team.
- Respond accurately and promptly to customer questions.
- Onboard new customers by guiding them through ERP integration, troubleshooting errors and engaging in weekly status calls.
- Practice continuous learning through self-guided reading and research of relevant business practices, including sales order processing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, fax, and imaging, among others.
- Two or four-year degree preferred.
- One year of customer service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Positive team player with ability to develop and maintain internal and external professional relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written and is not afraid to pick-up the phone.
- Ability to speak and read French considered a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Java Scripting considered a plus, but not required.