FULL-TIME | ACCOUNTING
We are seeking a highly motivated, dependable professional to join our Accounting team in Madison, WI. This position will be responsible for managing accounts payable, reviewing expense reports, and reconciling various general ledger accounts. Our ideal candidate will be detail oriented and possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
Who We Are
Esker is a global cloud platform on a mission to solve some of today’s biggest business problems. No, we don’t have a hero complex — we’re just believers in creating meaningful change with technology that benefits everyone.
Our AI-driven solutions are trusted by firms like IDC and Gartner and used by companies like Whirlpool, Heineken, Trek and Sony to streamline finance and customer service processes, empower employees, strengthen customer and supplier relationships, and build a more resilient business future.
- Input and code vendor invoices and prepare weekly payment runs
- Search and account for any tax payable on submitted invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements & respond to vendor inquiries
- Perform proper due diligence prior to making changes to vendor profiles
- Maintain 1099 information and reporting
- Manage the fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Process employee expense reports
- Manage corporate credit card program
- Post semi-monthly payroll to the general ledger
- Process daily deposits
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve variances in general ledger accounts
- Assist with month end closing and reporting procedures
- Backup Accounts Receivable/Cash Application
- Develop procedures to create effiencies and improve financial practices
- Perform other general duties in the accounting department, as assigned
- Bachelor degree - accounting or similar emphasis
- 0-5 years of related experience.
- Extensive computer experience including Windows, general ledger systems, spreadsheets and word processing.
- SAP experience a plus
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
0-5 years relevant experience
- WFH schedule options
- Summer flex hours
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Dog-friendly office & pet perks
- Occasional doughnuts
- Wellness, hobby or educational stipend
- 401k matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Frequent happy hours & department outings
- Ping-pong tournaments, basketball leagues & so much more...
How Esker helps you be the best version of yourself:
- Esker's culture empowers 800 employees worldwide — and we have a 90.9% retention rate to show for it!
- Locations across 14 countries give Esker & our employees a unique perspective.
- You can make a meaningful impact on an Esker's 30+ million global users.
- Not gonna lie ... we love a good time. Fun outings & exciting events are all part of the job here at Esker.
- Every Esker employee gets paid volunteer time off to make an impact on a cause important to them.
- Be yourself & bring your diverse experiences with you — we want to learn from you!
Want to know more about Esker's company culture and perks? (Yes, we DO have a ping pong table.) Learn about our core values and the ways we infuse fun, positivity and innovation into everything we do here.