We are seeking a highly motivated, dependable professional to join our Accounting team in Madison, WI. This position will be responsible for managing accounts receivable, communicating with our Sales Tax vendor, and reconciling various general ledger accounts. Our ideal candidate will be detail oriented and possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
Who We Are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 750 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as Sony, Trek, Heineken, John Deere and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and two U.S. locations in Madison, WI, and Denver, CO.
- Manage accounts receivable aging and reporting
- Assist in collections of customer accounts
- Process daily deposit and reconcile cash accounts
- Manage and review non-sales commission calculations and reports/resolves discrepancies with senior management
- Calculate monthly deferral and accrual analysis to determine proper reporting of revenue in compliance with GAAP
- Perform various monthly general ledger reconciliations and related journal entries
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve variances in general ledger accounts
- Assist with other various month end tasks
- Communicate with Sales & Use tax vendor and reconcile returns prepared to the general ledger
- Address questions on product taxability
- Backup Accounts Payable
- Develop procedures to create efficiencies and improve financial practices
- Perform other general duties in the accounting department, as assigned
- Bachelor degree - accounting or similar emphasis
- Two to Five years of related experience.
- Extensive computer experience including Windows, general ledger systems, spreadsheets and word processing.
- SAP experience a plus
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.